Monday, June 1, 2015

The End?

Now that I have given my TED Talk, I can happily look back and be satisfied with the strides I made with this project. My final outcome was my video on stress and my video on sleep. Although my original goal had been to create videos for all five of the pillars, but with time, it became apparent that time would not permit me to make five, so I decided halfway to  focus on making two- on sleep and stress, topics that are especially relevant here. I’ve always relied on videos like Crash-course and Khan Academy to supplement my learning in the classroom and it has been tremendously helpful. Through this project, I hoped to make videos with the same level of information regarding health, but really try to apply it to the everyday lives of teens so that the videos could be relatable and useful. I think my unfortunate procrastination inhibited me from making all 5 videos, but I still think overall I succeeded. 

In addition, this project proved extremely useful for me as well because in the past, when video projects came up, I would shy away because of my inability to contribute to the editing and such. However, I have learned a lot, especially in regards to using the Explain Everything app. This semester, I have 3 other video final projects, and I am editing all 3 because I am finally able to. For those of you who do not know video editing, I highly suggest you learn how to do so since it is a good skill to have. There are some great YouTube links to tutorials for video editing that I have on my blog for you all to check out. 

My biggest takeaway was the experience as a whole. Having everyone choose topics that were interesting to them and seeing them further their ideas and plans these past 10 weeks was fascinating. For me personally, never having done a project that lasted this long, I didn’t proportion my time as well as I could have, but it has been a learning experience for college next year. Regardless, the project really enforced the idea that if you are actually interested in the material or area you are pursuing, you are much more inclined to continue and stay motivated. I do not really have any other questions after this journey, but if I had this class for another semester, I would proportion my time better and try other applications for my video editing. 


My TED Talk went relatively well (featured in my static pages). After watching it, I see that I need to decrease my usage of um's and like's, but the content was what I wanted to convey and the presentation was a decent length.  Preparing for the TED Talk was difficult because I was not sure what to include and what not to include, but after giving the actual talk, I have a better understanding of how to give presentations now.

On a closing note, thank you all for joining me on my journey in making health videos. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment